Our client is currently looking for a Senior Cost Manager to work within a major energy framework.
- Establishing friendly, professional and appropriate relationships with clients, colleagues and other parties involved in the projects and programmes they support.
- Liaising with head office and maintaining relationships between HO and other clients
- Cost and stock management and transferring of costs from hubs to live projects
- Administering a variety of contracts in accordance with project objectives and policies.
- Providing accurate project cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting to completion in line with budget.
- Pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance and contract cash flow, and ensuring that applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with client and contractor teams to manage the delivery of project deliverables, KPIs, and objectives, including programme performance and cost control
- Managing contract change effectively, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice.
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets.
- Proactively providing sound commercial knowledge and support to all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Leading people and commissions as needed.
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
- Excellent communication
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
- Change management and control valuation
- Risk Management
- Collaborative approach and best-for-project attitude
- Sharing best practice
- People management
- Commission management
- Identifying and driving efficiencies and improvements through the project life cycle.
- Good knowledge of construction industry ideally within the utilities/power sector.
- Ideally hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent.